Is AutoFile enabled on your account?
If yes, it’s likely that Share A Refund already took actions on this shipment.
The last tracking event shows a proof of delivery. In the case that there was no proof of delivery for a shipment, Share A Refund will take actions to validate the delivery.
Marking a shipment as lost will speed up the processing of a lost claim.
The intent of this article is to guide you through reporting a shipment as lost. This invokes Share A Refund to file a lost claim according to the settings on your account.
Directions on reporting lost shipment
- Login to Your account.
- Search for the tracking number of the shipment.
- Tap on the tracking number in the search result.
Tracking number not found? The shipment is not yet invoiced by the carrier.
- Proceed to the Detail View for the shipment.
- Tap the Report as Lost button at the bottom of the page.
- Proceed to AutoFile or Manual directions below.
That’s it! With AutoFile, documents will be created and a claim filed with the carrier later today, according to AutoFile settings for the shipping account.
Do the following from the Detail View for the damaged shipment
- Upload documents.
Example: Claim forms
Example: Commercial invoice
Example: Credit memo
- Specify the claim amount (as needed).
- Tap the Update button.
All done! A claim will be submitted later in the day.